TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Consent: by filling in any of the forms on this website (or associated websites) or providing information via email, phone, text or mail (along with any other communication method), you are giving your consent for Lola Whiting Sports Massage Therapy to store this information. Any information you provide will be held together with any clinical records or purchasing information, as applicable. This information is used your information in order to give you the best possible service and for insurance and regulatory purposes.
- Storing your information: Your information is stored using the following methods/platforms:
- Paper files & Excel (Name is the only identifiable information recorded here. These records are kept for accounting purposes only)
- SOAP vault patient management system
- iZettel payment system
- Mobile phone
COVID-19: When massage sessions resume, there will be an additional declaration form to complete stating that:
a) There has not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19, in the last 14 days, to your knowledge
b) There have not been any symptoms: – dry cough, temp over 37.8°C, loss of smell and/or taste
c) Should the client contract the virus you must inform the therapist as soon as possible
d) Depending on timing we may need to contact other clients possibly affected, and to self-isolate.
There will also be a signed declaration from the therapist stating the same declaration
All first-time and follow-up consultations will be carried out either on the phone or via video conferencing rather than face to face.
- Retaining your information: You have the right to ask me to destroy your information at any time, if you wish to terminate our working relationship. Otherwise, if you are over the age of 18 at the time of first supplying information, this will be held for seven years following our last date of contact. For individuals aged under 18 at the time of first supplying information, this will be retained for seven years following our last date of contact (either directly or through a parent/guardian).
- Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself, either for clinical or retail purposes and authorised third parties (such as regulatory bodies, insurance companies, our external accountants or website manager). We ensure that all individuals or companies who access your data are compliant with our policies, along with those of the appropriate governing body (based on the individual’s/company’s location). With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. Such requests will be fulfilled via WeTransfer and be accessible via a private download link for 7 days after sending. After this period, the data file be automatically deleted, and you will need to make the data request again. We will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand (e.g., short forms, technical language, etc.). We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests.
- Sharing your information: your information will be kept confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something (such as a court order). I will always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation initially if viable.
- Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The privacy of your personal information is important to our clinic. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the goods and services we provide, and inline with the most regulations.
Like all medical professionals, we collect, use and disclose personal information in order to serve our patients. The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to provide treatment.
Like most organisations, we also collect, use and disclose information for purposes secondary to our primary purposes. The most common examples of our related and secondary purposes is to invoice patients for goods or services that was not paid for at the time, to process credit card payments or to collect unpaid accounts.
The cost of goods/services provided by the organisation to patients is often paid for by third parties (e.g., motor vehicle accident insurance, private insurance). These third-party payers often have the patient’s consent or legislative authority to direct us to collect and disclose certain information in order to demonstrate patient entitlement to this funding.
Patients or other individuals we deal with may have questions about our goods or services after they have been received. We retain patient information for a mandatory minimum of ten years after the last contact.
Cookies are small files that store specific information about your actions when visiting websites and are saved to your device automatically unless you specify otherwise.
There are two different types of cookies;
- Persistent cookies: These stay on your device, saved until you delete them or they reach their expiration date.
- Session cookies: These are temporary and delete automatically when you close your web browser.
This site currently only collects cookies using Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools code. These fall under the “persistent cookies” category. This is done for various reasons, but primarily to measure the performance of this website. Not at any point does it collect any personal information about yourself or others.
You are able to change your cookie settings at any time by visiting your internet browser’s settings.
Any information collected on this site using cookies will only be used by us and our partners. If you do not wish for your information to be used, please get in touch.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
- Computers are password protected and locked whilst unattended.
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies.
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or has identifiers removed or is encrypted.
- External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with me (Lola Whiting).
- I, Lola Whiting, am registered under the information commissioner’s office as data controller for Lola Whiting Sports Massage Therapy. Registration number ZA268147. I will not share your information with any parties that do not meet my terms and conditions [LINK], and in no situation sell any of your information. All personal information is stored digitally and encrypted within the regulations of the ICO or relevant local body (if being shared with external third parties that fall out of the jurisdiction of the ICO).
- In the event I need to share any of your information with your GP or other relevant healthcare professionals, I will discuss this with your first as part of your care plan. Insurance is provided by Zurich insurance plc for professional public liability insurance and DAS legal protection.
Lola Whiting Sports Massage and LWSM are registered trading names of Lola Whiting, a registered sole trader in the United Kingdom with HMRC. Registered business address Lola Whiting Sports Massage, Ikon Hair & Beauty, 121 New Cheltenham Road, BS15 1UL, Bristol, United Kingdom.
All content present on this website is the property of Lola Whiting unless specified otherwise. If you wish to use any content, please get in touch prior to doing so.